Pages

Friday 25 May 2018

Lost in the bush

WALT- Write a Narrative


Success Criteria  
I must have strong vocabulary
I must have a problem and a solution
I must put the punctuation in the right places
I must be grammatically correct
I must use show not tell
I must use the different sentences like simple,compound
and complex sentence


Lost in the bush


I was in the middle of a pitch black forest with no site of anybody,
with the surrounding sounds of owls hooting and bats resting in
their comfy caves. I didn’t know what to do, so I started walking,
trying to find my way.


Walking through the forest was petrifying because of the
eerie sounds of wings flapping, and many other things.
The frosty air smelt of smoke and I heard the alarming
sounds of an abandoned cottage burning down, because
someone had done so deliberately.


While that problem was occurring, I swiftly ran until I had
laid my eyes on a gleaming light. 30 minutes of running
and I still saw no sign of the light I had seen. I felt as if it
was all a mirage. I doubted it truly, though, because I wasn’t
quite convinced that I had imagined a gleaming light.
How could anyone miss that?! My eyes darted back and forth,
to and fro, until finally something had caught my eye. This time,
I was completely satisfied it was real. I tramped along the
damp grass, and just as I thought that nothing was there,
I had seen a beautiful creature. It was as huge as a lion,
bigger, even. Its dark blue fur stood out from all the other
odd colours in the forest, and its piercing green eyes locked
with mine. I felt as if our spirits had linked themselves together,
as if I had connected and bonded with the beast.


It edged closer and knelt down, as if it wanted me to hop on.
I cautiously sat beside it instead, resting my eyes for a comfy
sleep beside my friendly hairy beast. I was sure it understood
how tired I was.
























0 comments:

Post a Comment